Mounting HVAC installations in seismic areas
1 June 2017, 16:15
Buildings in areas with seismic activity require specific designs to guarantee safety. Additional strength is also needed for mounted piping and HVAC installations. This is where Flamco comes in.
Flamco’s Technical Support & Service (TSS) is specialised in making exact calculations for the installation of piping and mounting material for HVAC systems in areas with seismic activity. Based on these calculations TSS can provide detailed advice on the selection and installation of mounting materials.
Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance
Flamco follows Eurocode 8 when making their calculations. This is the Eurocode of European standards related to construction. It describes how to design structures in seismic zones. Each country has a National Annex containing nationally determined parameters for certain sub-clauses where national input is allowed.
The calculations of TSS have already been put to use in advising the City of Groningen on how to securely mount the HVAC installations in the city centre’s new iconic building.
Should you require advice on designing an earthquake resistant HVAC installation please do not hesitate to contact Flamco TSS.
T +31 33 299 18 50
- Flamco highly values its quality
- Flamco RSF clips now with VdS certificate
- Mounting HVAC installations in seismic areas
- Order your Meibes spares online now!
- All Flexcon Top and Flexcon Solar vessels with butyl
- Tomorrow's Technology in Today's Flamcomat G3
- Flexcon PA - the personal assistant for central heating systems
- Vacumat Basic - A new degassing and top-up automat
- Mounting materials at the ISH
- Flamco proudly presents the CBA insulation clip!
- Win a GoPro Hero+ with the Flamco T-plus
- 77,600 pages of extra product information
- Flamco donates 61 million litres of drinking water to developing countries
- Handy tool to calculate advice
- FlexBalance Plus now with sensor connection
- Don’t let potable water go to waste
- Degasses seven times faster and is eight times more economical
- Falx portrait orientation: save on material and installation costs
- Smart technology now also available for the commercial and industrial market
- 350 PV panels installed on Elburg town hall
- Flamco at the ISH Fair in 2015
- Manual required? Find him with DocFinder
- Calculating the ballast needed with the Falx Calculation Tool
- Flamco pleased with new owner Aalberts Industries
- RAL certification for the universal Falx system
- Flamcovent Clean Smart wins two ESEF Awards 2014
- Installed at the flick of a wrist. Watch the Falx installation film now.
- Flamco makes European Ecodesign Directive achievable before 2020
- Falx; the PV panel mounting system.
- New air and dirt separators
- New website on-line
- New 3D CAD symbols available
- Data sheets directly from the catalogue
Access to our brand portal and direct contact information.